WILLIAM ALASDAIR BAXTER.
1990 - date. Company Secretary.
I also advised the company on legal
matters and conducted litigation on its behalf in the
1987 - 1990. Property Manager with Gracefactor Limited, Derby.
1977 - 1987. Lecturer in law and
business studies at the Clarendon
1973 - 1976. School Teacher.
1966 - 1973. Return to full-time study.
1962 - 1966. Sales Representative
(later Sales Manager) with Robax Limited,
1960 - 1962. Self employed Radio, Television and Electrical Engineer.
1956 - 1960. Self employed Transport Contractor.
1954 - 1956. Lorry Driver/Labourer with Forestry Commission.
Elected to serve on the Church of England General Synod for
the Diocese of Southwell for the quinquennium 2000 - 2005.
1997 – date Member of Southwell
Diocesan Synod, Nottingham North
Deanery Synod and Diocesan Board of Education (1997 - 2000).
1997 – 1999 Secretary-General of Law, Leisure and Learning, Birmingham.
1996 – date Member of St. Leodegarius Church Parochial Church Council.
1996 – 1998. Volunteer mediator with the Nottingham Mediation Service.
1) Bachelor of Laws with Honours (II ii)
- Leicester Polytechnic (1989).
2) Post Graduate Certificate in Accountancy - Stirling University(1977).
3) Bachelor of Divinity degree - Aberdeen University (1973).
4) Teacher's Certificate - Durham University (1969).
5) 2 "A" levels and 6 "O" levels.
6) "Sight and Sound" Touch Typing Certificate at 50 w.p.m.
7) Radio Amateur's Examination Certificate.
8) Marine Radio Operator's Certificate.
9) Certificate of Professional Competence in Road Transport Operations.
10) Certificate in Information Technology - Nottingham Trent University (1998)
The Association of Law Teachers.
Licentiate of the Church of Scotland.
The Ecclesiastical Law Society.
1949 - 1954. Kinlochleven Public and Oban High Schools.
1966 - 1969. Sunderland College of Education.
1969 - 1973. University of Aberdeen.
1976 - 1977. University of Stirling.
1974. Moray House
College, Edinburgh. Two month course on
teaching history in secondary schools.
1979. Strathclyde Business School. Two week general management course.
1984 - 1989. Successfully completed evening course leading to
degree of LL.B. (Hons) at Leicester Polytechnic.
1989 - 1990. Successfully completed evening course leading to
Certificate of Professional Competence in Road Transport Operations.
1990 - 1991. Attended an evening course in the Law of Evidence
Marital status - single. Nationality - British.
Clean Driving Licence including LGV and PCV entitlement.
Amateur Radio Call Sign G6SRZ.
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS:
Computing, Internet and Information Technology; Amateur radio; electronics; communications; metal working; motoring; transport, theology and Bible study.
Back to home page
This page was last updated on Friday, January 12th 2001 at 12:07 hours